Our Therapeutic Services
Bone Marrow Concentrate
- Less side effects when compared to steroid injections or surgery
- Reservoir of stem cells
- Regenerative properties
- Natural and organic; it comes from your own body
- Speeds up and promotes healing
- Minimal to no down time
- Minimally invasive
What is bone marrow?
Bone marrow is the soft spongy tissue that is found in the center of your bones. In adults, marrow in the large bones are the producing center of your red blood cells, white blood cells, and plasma components. Stem cells, immature cells found inside the bone marrow, are found here. These have the potential to develop into various mature cells such as a muscle cell, the cells of a vessel, cells of a cartilage or even more bone cells.
-Hematopoietic Stem Cells- give rise to the three classes of blood cells that are found in the circulation.
-Mesenchymal Stem Cells- also known as Marrow Stromal Cells. These cells have the capacity to form osteoblasts or bone structure, chondrocytes or cartilage, and myocytes or muscles.
Bone marrow stem cells are the regenerative cells responsibly for repair and rebuilding damaged tissue. The concentrated cells accelerate the healing process, promote strength, offer pain relief, and improve overall function. The healing cascade can take place over a 4-6-week period.
How long is the procedure?
The actual extraction can take up to 10 minutes, but the concentrating process can take up to 1 hour, during which the patient will be waiting.
Bone marrow is extracted from the back of a patient’s pelvis or hip bone from an area called the posterior iliac crest. Minimal discomfort is felt due to local anesthetic. Once the collected sample is filtered and centrifuged, the bone marrow concentrate is reintroduced to the injured area.
A majority of patients are able to return to usual activities within 1-2 days but some pain may be felt for up to 1 week.
… content coming soon…
What we put into our bodies directly affects the way we feel and function. Along with adequate rest and exercise, we need a balance of protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins and minerals to maintain optimal health. Often what we eat or do not eat is reason for how we feel.
General Guidelines for Good Health
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables
3. Use whole grain bread, pasta and cereal
4. Choose lean meats
5. Use olive or canola oil, avoid saturated fats
6. Limit caffeine, salt, sugar and alcohol
7. Avoid big helpings; stop eating when you are satisfied
9. Get adequate rest
· Chronic Pain
· Gastric Bypass
· Crohn’s Disease
· Celiac disease
…content coming soon…
Common impairments associated with neurologic conditions can be treated with appropriate physical therapy. Physical Therapy can improve impairments of vision, balance, ambulation, activities of daily living, movement, muscle strength and loss of functional independence.
Our Mission and Strategy
MNA Rehab Services is a comprehensive therapy unit motivated to achieve goals with evidence based therapies. Our mission is supported by five core categories.
- We are committed to open communications with physicians and strict adherence to physicians’ orders.
- We treat with care and compassion.
- We staff our clinics with a high ratio of licensed and highly qualified professionals
- We customize programs to suit patient needs.
- Our therapies take a multidisciplinary approach to treating the patient and 100% patient satisfaction.
- We measure patient outcomes and strive to practice evidence-based medicine.
- Confidentiality in patient care and information.
- We strive to enhance physical and social image of the patient.
- We respect individuality and culture.
- Hands on approach/manual therapy and exercises
- Traction and all other modalities available
- Joints and soft tissue mobility
- Ultrasound therapy including phono and iontophoresis
- Evidence based treatment to optimize achievement of functional goals
- TENS unit application
- 100% of therapy provided by licensed professionals
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Orthotics and prosthetics training
- Anodyne therapy — FDA approved treatment for diabetic neuropathy with amazing results
Schedule an Appointment Today!
CALL TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Have questions? Schedule a professional consultation.
Have you visited us before? Tell us how we’re doing!Click here.
MNA & Partner Facilities:• Our main office, located on Harper and Quinn in Clinton Township, houses 25 exam rooms for office visits, a pharmacy, a medical spa, a blood lab, a urine toxicology lab, a physical therapy center, an ambulatory surgery center, an infusion center, an MRI & imaging suite, and so much more.
• Our original office is locate in St. Clair Shores, where we have been treating patients for over 25 years.
• Michigan Sleep Consultants is located in Utica, where we perform overnight and prolonged studies at our certified sleep lab facility.
• Located at the main office, Rejuvenate Medical Spa & Wellness Center focuses on patient confidence and well-being.
We also intend to serve those patients younger than 65 years old who have a high risk profile for falls as determined by their practitioner. Serious injuries such as hip fractures, subdural hemorrhages, and spinal compression fractures are some examples of injuries related to falls.
What We Provide:
- Personal assessment of falls risks
- Genetic testing for medication metabolism
- Medication review with possible adjustments
- Neurologic evaluation
- Orthostatic hypotension evaluation
- Home safety fall risk evaluation
- Referrals to physical therapy for gait/balance training, strengthening exercises, and stretches
- Referrals to nutrition for bone and nerve health
- Fall safety education/training
- Collaborative plan created for management of fall risks factors
- Referrals for medical management (i.e. cardiology, rheumatology, ophthalmology, podiatry, ENT, etc.) as needed
- Follow up for further recommendations/discussions on adherence barriers